This program is administered
by the Department of
Health Care Services (DHCS).
Welcome to Medi-Cal Managed Care Health Care Options
The mission of the Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) is to preserve and improve the health status of all Californians.
In support of this mission, the Medi-Cal Managed Care Division (MMCD) administers, monitors and provides oversight of the contracts for the Medi-Cal program. The Health Care Options Branch provides beneficiaries with resources to make informed choices about Medi-Cal benefits.
Health Care Options main functions are to coordinate activities in the managed care counties that include outreach and education in Social Service and Community-Based Organization locations; oversight of informing materials mailed to beneficiaries; monitor and evaluate the Contractor’s operations and systems.
Hot Topics and the Latest News
- Cal MediConnect and the Coordinated Care Initiative (CCI)
- Seniors & Persons with Disabilities (SPD)
- Provider Information Network (PIN)
Alternative FormatHealth Care Options (HCO) offers materials in Braille, Audio and Large Print. For more information or to request materials, please contact:
- Medi-Cal Managed Care/HCO 1-800-430-4263 or for TTY 1-800-430-7077
- Coordinated Care Initiative/HCO 1-844-580-7272 or for TTY 1-800-430-7077